Jeffrey L. Carrell
812 Royal Terrace
Hurst, Texas 76053-4222
Seeking a position in a firm employing individuals
who engage themselves in manipulating technology to its' best
advantage, both for internal operations and competitive leadership.
- 1996 - Cabling Business Institute - Structured Cabling Systems for Voice and Data "Category 5 Certification"
- 1995 - LanOptics Technical Training Course - Router Based Products
- 1993 - LanOptics Technical Training Course
- 1993 - Sun Education SunNet Manager Certification Course
- 1992 - Novell NetWare for Macintosh Technical Training Course
- 1991 - SynOptics Advanced Network Management Certification Training Course
- 1991 - The Network Group Advanced AppleTalk Training Course
- 1990 - SynOptics Ethernet Router Training Course
- 1990 - SynOptics Network Management Training Course
- 1989 - Novell NetWare for VMS System Manager Training Course
- 1987 - Novell Service and Support Training Course, Instructor Certification
- 1987 - Novell System Manager Training Course, Instructor Certification
- 1986 - Novell System Manager Training Course
- 1986 - Compaq Service Training Course
- 1986 - Tarrant County Junior College, Completed 24 hours towards Computer Science Degree
- 1982 - Tarrant County Junior College, Associate Degree in Electronic Technology
- 6/95-Present. Datatron, Hurst, Texas
- Principal of Datatron, an international consultant
with over nine years experience in the internetworking industry,
designs and implements enterprise and branch office networking
solutions, authors technical papers and product reviews, and conducts
customized technical training courses and seminars. A partial
client list includes: Cisco Systems, Inc., LanOptics Inc., AMR
STIN, South Hills Datacomm, GTE Telephone Operations, Rapp Collins
Worldwide, BKM of Dallas, RC Data Communications, Advanced Network
Technologies, Andrews ISD, Cabling Business Institute,
LeBLANC Communications Inc., ACS Group, and Iseyco C.A.
- 10/93-6/95. LanOptics Inc., Dallas, Texas.
- Director Systems Engineering. 10/94 - 6/95. Head the Systems
Engineering Division which provides all engineering and technical
support for LanOptics Inc., (see below) covering the Western
Hemisphere. Technical liaison between LanOptics Inc., and business
partners. Assist LanOptics Ltd. (parent corporation - Israel) in new
product development and directions.
- Senior Systems Engineer. 10/93 - 10/94. Provide pre-sales and post-
sales technical support and systems design on the LanOptics family of
internetworking products to LanOptics sales department, resellers and
direct customers. Develop and instruct technical training and product
certification courses for resellers and end-users. Develop and maintain
evaluation inventory and systems. Design and support demonstration
systems for trade shows, conventions and technical seminars.
- 5/89-10/93. American Airlines, Ft. Worth, Texas.
- 3/92-10/93. Senior Engineer Premise Systems. Premise Systems Operations.
Responsible for the network management strategy for the
21,000 (appx.) AMR Premise Systems installed around the world.
Lead the implementation of the network management platform for
AMR Premise Systems. Coordinate the design and implementation of
a Premise Systems Test Center. Part of the initial planning group in
designing Premise Systems Operations. Developed and instructed AA
internal technical training courses for TCP/IP and SNMP technologies
and Cisco Routers.
- 5/89 - 6/92. Senior Engineer Communication Systems. Premise Systems Design.
Primarily responsible for LAN designs used within
AA/AMR around the world. Designs have included standard function
LANs and LANs based on 100% redundancy for 'zero downtime'
environments. LAN platforms are based on Token Ring and Ethernet,
all on twisted pair cabling and using both the IBM and compatibles,
and Macintosh computers as the workstation platform. Primary
technical liaison between AA, and Novell, Apple Computer and
SynOptics Communications. Developed and instructed AA internal
technical training courses for SynOptics products, AppleTalk
networking and Novell NetWare.
- 6/87-5/89. Novell, Dallas, Texas.
- 8/88 - 5/89. Systems Engineer. Provided pre-sales technical support
for Novell distributors and authorized resellers, including systems
design and technical training seminars. Technical resource for
supporting major end-user accounts, specifically American Airlines
and Tandy Corporation. Supported and maintained in-house network,
demo systems and loaner demo equipment. Provided technical support
for special projects including Novell's yearly trade show, NetWorld.
- 6/87-10/88. Technical Instructor. Instructed a three-day course and
following two-day course in all technical issues of Novell software and
hardware products for industry support personnel, major accounts'
internal support and reseller authorization. Topics included: NetWare
operating system configuration and generation, hardware maintenance
and board level troubleshooting, cable schemes and hookup, system
integration and gateway communications. Created custom courses for
major end-user accounts that required specialized technical training.
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Member since 1990
- Electronic Communications Chairman Fort Worth Section, 1995 - Present
- NetWorld+Interop - InteropNet Team Member
- 1996 Atlanta
- 1996 Las Vegas
- 1995 Atlanta
- 1994 Las Vegas
- SynOptics Users Group
- Charter member 1990
- Board Member-Secretary/Treasurer 1991-1993
- Junior Achievement
- Company Program - Advisor: 91-92, 92-93
Send comments to:
Jeff Carrell at